Girls and their makeup is why the makeup industry thrives in the world. I can easily say that makeup is a great art and that I put art on my face almost every single day. Most people won’t even catch me outside of the house without my foundation smoothed out, my eyeliner pointed, and my eyebrows filled in. And of course, who can possibly forget lipstick?
This post will be dedicated to the routine I do every morning, and why I do it.
I put makeup on because I think it is a artistic escape for me, and I even relieve my own stress by just putting a little mascara on. It just makes me feel better and I enjoy the end result. Now, if I was going to work or if I was going to my boyfriend’s for a relaxing movie night, I might skip the eyeliner and the eyeshadows. But otherwise, I usually wear a full face of makeup everyday.
Also, I will never, EVER, E V E R, spend more than about $15 on one item of makeup. I hear about palettes that are $50, and I ask myself, “Where does everyone get all this money for makeup? It is ludicrous.” The most expensive item I have in my makeup bag that I bought is my foundation, which is the Revlon Colorstay foundation. That foundation costs about $10 a bottle, and even spending that much makes me cringe. But let me tell you, that brand stays fresh on my face all day. So why should I, let’s say, buy Tarte water foundation at $40, when my $10 Revlon foundation works fine?
Anyways, here is a list of my beauty products
- Milani Prep+Set+Go Transparent face powder (to put under and over foundation for lasting coverage)
- Revlon Colorstay Foundation Normal skin- Sand Beige
- Hard Candy Glamoflague Heavy Duty concealer-Ivory (I swear my life and my dark circles on this stuff)
- Covergirl Clean Pressed Powder-Classic beige
- e.l.f. Studio Eyebrow kit (For $3 my eyebrows look on point always with this brand)
- Morphe 35K- 35 Color Koffee eyeshadow pallete (a gift from my little sister for christmas. This pallete saved my life)
- e.l.f. expert liquid eyeliner-Jet Black ($1.40!!!!)
- Wet N Wild MegaGlo Dual-ended Contour Stick (I just bought this yesterday since my bronzer that I used to contour basically got all over my makeup bag, oops)
- Colourpop Pearlized highlighter – High-waisted
- Wet N Wild MegaGlo all-in-one stick- highlight
- If I feel the need, I use the white eyeshadow from my Morphie pallete as a highlight, depends on the day.
- Covergirl Cheekers Blush-Brick Rose
- CoverGirl Clump Crusher Mascara by LashBlast – Brown (I usually use black with other mascaras but I LOVE the brown with this one!!)
- Maybelline Great Lash Mascara- Blackest Black (Second favorite, I used this for a while before Clump Crusher, which recently became my first favorite)
Now, my lipsticks are a different story, because I have SO many. Because of that, I will just list my top three favorites.
- NYX Cosmetics Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick- Sandstorm (a nice nude that goes well with my skin tone)
- Milani amore Matte Metallic Lip Creme- Pretty Problematic (a cranberry red that is metallic and shiny)
- Colourpop Ultra Metallic Lip- 3-Way (a Plum colored metallic with gold tint)
So, as you can see, I take my artwork on my face very seriously. It is something that I am proud of, and I enjoy the colors and the shades that I use to improve on my natural beauty. Makeup simply makes me happy.